Many Other Nations to Follow in Crypto Adoption?
I think it’s a safe bet that most nations will follow in the not-so-distant future and Salvador is just the first. News this morning has Panama in talks of ushering Bitcoin/crypto into their financial system, as well – this is just beginning
Cardano’s Founder Thinks Many Other Nations Will Follow El Salvador’s Crypto Adoption
“In a recent YouTube video, Charles Hoskinson, the founder of Cardano, congratulated the entire community on Bitcoin’s acceptance as a legal tender in El Salvador
- The cryptocurrency proponent talked at length about the journey our relatively nascent industry has gone through so far.
- He outlined that back, in the beginning, the community was a lot smaller, and not a lot of people were serious about it.
- Hoskinson also didn’t fail to mention that there wasn’t such tribalism and maximalism back then and that it was more of intellectual disputes and arguments.
- He reiterated what a tremendous achievement this is and that many others will follow through in the future.
‘In the coming years, many more nation-states will use crypto as part of their monetary policy, either as reserves in their central banks or using cryptocurrency rails for central bank settlements, or potentially just simply taking a cryptocurrency as El Salvador has done and make it the national currency.’
- Speaking as someone who’s been in the industry almost from the very beginning, Hoskinson said that the journey has been both “long” and “short” – paradoxically, as he puts it. Long – meaning that ‘each year felt like 10 years,’ and short because it has only been 12 calendar years since Bitcoin’s inception.”