Ethereum Leads $1,000,000,000 Milestone in Push for Decentralization of Global Finance
Ethereum (ETH) Leads $1,000,000,000 Milestone in Push for Decentralization of Global Finance
“The total value locked in the Ethereum-dominated world of decentralized finance, or DeFi, has reached a major milestone, crossing the one billion-dollar mark.
According to DeFi pulse, the world’s top 10 decentralized finance platforms include a list of Ethereum-based platforms, with one exclusion: the Lightning Network.
- Maker, an Ethereum-based lending platform
- Compound, an Ethereum-based lending platform
- Synthetix, a tokenized trading platform offering exposure to major currencies, commodities, stocks, and indices
- InstaDApp, a “trustless” smart wallet for DeFi apps
- Uniswap, an Ethereum-powered protocol for facilitating automated digital token swaps
- dYdX, an open trading platform for crypto assets
- bZx, a financial primitive for shorting, leverage, borrowing and lending digital assets
- Bancor, a standard for converting between different crypto tokens
- Lightning Network, a layer-two solution for boosting speed and lowering cost of crypto transfers
- WBTC, a multi-institutional framework for “wrapping tokens” on Ethereum.”